Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Saturday, August 23, 2014

Selfies and Others, A new try, by Sirkka Jalava

I had a feeling, that I must compensate Lynn for the former experiment painting, therefore I did a new which I hope I like better. First without glasses,

 then with the red glasses.
I don´t know about the likness, but I like this better than the former portrait (of this photo).

6 comments:

  1. You do such beautiful shading on the face!!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan! It has been fun to sketch each other:)

      Delete
  2. I'm impressed with how you paint in the lights! And the hair is so real! Such detail amazes me. And then of course to keep seeing myself popping up here is great fun. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynn, glad you find amazing details! It has been a joy to sketch you and others:)

      Delete
  3. I too am so impressed with all the tones you incorporated in the painting. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you jaguarish! Watercolors create many tones!

      Delete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!