Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Sunday, August 24, 2014

Joan, Selfies, by Elaine (jaguarish)

I thought Joan's selfie would be easier with such strong shadows to guide me... awk!  Sorry Joan I'm afraid you got Bambi eyes somehow... I might have to try again!  However I don't have it in me to do more than one a day.  I even tried to be loose with this one but once again became rapt with all the details.  It's been so interesting doing these!


5 comments:

  1. Elaine, I think you did a good job! Sketching each other is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome job, and wow, love the teeth. I can't do teeth!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, Elaine, it is fun to sketch each other. I like your use of watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an amazing job on the lights and shadows! I think you are being way too hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys -- after doing these few, I understand that old saying "the eyes are the windows of the soul" -- feels like it is essential to get the eyes right!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!