Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Saturday, March 8, 2014

Kitchen #7-GloriaV

 
A quick sketch this early morning around 6:30 am as I waited for 7am to give my family pet member her meds. Chocolatte' became sick suddenly yesterday and is having problems with her trachea. She keeps choking. The doctor said little dogs like her tend to have problems with their trachea's.  So she needs the meds for now. Hopefully all will be okay.
 
Thought I would "try to" sketch the top of my kitchen counters. This is what came of it. Again the Strathmore Vallum paper, Pitt pens, and Koi watercolors were used.
 
The girl is a vase that belonged to my mother back in the 50's and it's heavy duty.  The rooster belonged to my Grandma Martha from many more moons ago. The brownish/reddish vase with dry flowers in it,  was found laying on the sidewalk as I was taking a walk, back in the 70's. It's very heavy and I'm not sure it was a vase, but it gets used as one.
 
Time goes by so darn fast. The old things stay with us forever.
 
 
Have a wonderful day and hopefully it's better for you. Thanks for hosting Lynn.
 
Top of the Kitchen Cabinet #7
Top of the kitchen cabinet/2014 #7 glv
 
My Haiku
 
Here they are on top.
The rooster, the girl, the vase.
They all need dusting.

12 comments:

  1. I hope Chocolatte will benefit from the meds...good vibes heading your way for her.

    Your kitchen cabinet certainly has items full of memories for you.... I love the rooster :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure that the meds are helping! Hope so of course. Your kitchen looks to have much memories. It is good to remember the past times too.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Ann and Sirkka. I too hope she benefits from the meds. She is sleeping right now and did eat, so that is a good sign. We all love our family pet members. Yes, lots of memories around our lives. Have a great day and thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. I love your old things that come with these memories of times past. We are a lot alike this way.
    You've made a wonderful painting of them all. I love your bright colors and style, Gloria.
    I hope the puppy is getting better; it's scary when our loved ones are ill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynn. Happy day to you and thank you for your kind comment. I loved your cabinet and how your things are just the way you want them to be. Thanks for liking the bright colors. I may try watercolor pencils next time. Take care. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your little dog is well, soon. I know it's hard on us when our fur babies are sick. I like your collection. That girl shaped vase is so unusual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melisa. Me too. She hasn't been coughing too much today, so maybe the meds are working. Thanks for liking my "stuff." It is unusual, it think it comes from Mexico. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  5. Hope the meds help. Nice view of your treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan and thank you for your comment.:) Have a great day.

      Delete
  6. I hope your little dog is better soon. I LOVE the haiku and your descriptions of these items. I was thinking of sketching things on top of my cabinets, too. Maybe I'll give it a shot. :) Very nice painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa. Thanks a lot for liking the Haiku. I always want to add a Haiku as of late in my posts. It's a good feeling. I look forward to seeing what's above your cabinets:)

      Delete
  7. Just the kind of thoughts one would have at 6:30 AM. Very interesting items, I love "found" things. Hope Chocolate is better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!