Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Tuesday, September 13, 2016

School memories, Jean Bernick

When I was 10 years old we moved to the country and I changed schools. I went to a one room school house in the same town.  There were 27 student and 26 desks, so 2 students had to share a desk.  Also there were students in all 8 grades. In the middle of the year, since it was too many students for one teacher, the 5th,6th,7th and 8th grades were moved to a bigger school and since I was in 5th grade I was moved.  This sketch is of that one room school and now it is a museum.

4 comments:

  1. What a cute little school house. I'm glad they kept it as a museum and I love your painting of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Ann,I also remember walking a mile to this school and in the winter we made snow angels in the snow banks along the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great memories to have from then Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes,Ann, it was fun to remember those days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!