Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Friday, January 1, 2016

Self-Portrait by Donna Bickley

Here is my "cheat" self-portrait (artistic license). Here are the cheats: Back of my head shown, not front; my legs are not as short as they look here I work sitting down, not standing up; I work only on aceo's NOT large canvases; I can't hang my canes on aceo's; my cat can't sit on top of the easel; there is no black cat who stands on 2 feet, nor any mice in my studio
But, some of this is  truth, I do like to work in bare feet, hair is grey-white and about that length and I work with pens mostly.
Ink, acrylics, alcohol inks, and watercolor pencils.

9 comments:

  1. I love your self portrait, and all the whimsy you've included. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun piece and story. No matter about your short legs as I love the mice, they are cute ;)
    Wishing all the best you for year 2016 ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! LOL I work in bare feet, too. One must be grounded, you know. :D Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is delightful, whimsical selfie. I love your description of it all. We have the same hair. I need to draw a selfie for here and Everyday in January today. I better get to it. Happy New Year Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all of you! It was great fun to do and allow myself to "Cheat" so flagrantly - besides, I don't DO human faces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a fun post to read, going back and forth from the writing to the image. LOVE it and your blog! Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your liberal use of artistic license!! You go girl!! Happy New Year and PPF!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute!!! I love your interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you put yourself into the picture like this Donna.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!