Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Saturday, November 7, 2015

Patterns, pineapples, by Elaine (jaguarish)

Pineapples caught my interest about a year ago and they've been on my mind.  I rarely doodle these days (much preferring to draw a real subject) but I do like to screen print T shirts.  With that in mind, I woke up one morning with a clear idea of making a pineapple picture using a pattern of Baroque curlicues.  First I painted the more realistically coloured, yellow/green pineapple on the right, to fix the "normal" look and shape of a pineapple in my head, then went with the curlicues for the left-hand image.



Meanwhile I have a pineapple dish given me by a dear friend who noticed my obsssion and I drew it for one Inktober offering.  On the same page, I played with making up a new pineapple print, and a different pattern (nothing to do with pineapples).




3 comments:

  1. I like all your drawings Elaine - the curly design on the first pineapple works well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea for patterns which reminds me I have a pineapple plate I bought at a thrift store once. Nice job on these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delighted by your pineapples. I too am drawn to the curls in blue. All the colors in that print shout to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!