Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Wednesday, September 2, 2015

All Kinds of Trees, Lynn Cohen's "Fig Tree"


I only had to go into my own backyard to draw this huge fig tree of ours. I did it almost as a blind contour with just a little peeking. There were so many leaves to draw! I hope I gave the illusion as to just how large this tree is. We have to cut it back some almost every other year or it overtakes the whole side of the yard. The sky is dark blue today and there was a breeze blowing the leaves. I could see some hints of purple as some of the figs are ripening! They will be so delicious when ready to eat! Like eating candy off a tree!

10 comments:

  1. What a great blind contour painting Lynn. Your fig tree must be wonderful, wish I could actually see it for real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, you have an open invitation to come visit us and fig tree! Glad you like my drawing of it. It's MUCH larger in real life!

      Delete
  2. Very nice, Lynn! I ate fresh figs during my study abroad in Israel, and so I totally understand your statement of eating fresh figs is like eating candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thannks, how did you enjoy Israel? I lived there from 1961-1966 as a young bride...on Kibbutz Heftzibah.
      Planning to visit next year some time. Been thirty years since I was last there.

      Delete
  3. really nice contour drawing :) lots of leaves to try to keep in the right place, but you did a good job doing that :) I've never actually eaten a fig before lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I can't recommend eating figs highly enough. healthy, and delicious.

      Delete
  4. Love your contour drawing of the tree and the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very lovely and loose Lynn.. i wonder what's the taste of a fig? Curious to try myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our tree is a "Turkey Fig" tree, Elisa, but I am not sure if different figs taste differently. These are golden before they turn light purple. Never tasted a fig? Oh, the loss. Do go buy some today! And Enjoy!

      Delete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!