Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Sunday, November 9, 2014

Fruit, Pile of pears, by Elaine (jaguarish)

I've been waiting a L-O-O-o-ong time for these pears to ripen!


Today I thought I might try out some pastels, which a friend gifted me with a few years ago.  I am not very accustomed to them... but I persisted!  I know you can achieve fabulous things with pastels. This was a good chance to practice.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent job with the pastels Elaine. This is a lovely drawing, hope to see more with pastels :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your practicing with pastels turned out very well, Elaine! I love pastels I hope the pears were ripen too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with the pastels...nicely shaded!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ann, Sirkka and Joan -- I kept thinking of what colours I would use if I were using watercolours and that kept me going (just love my watercolours...) It was interesting trying to figure out how to better show the edges of the pears (or whether I should even try).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the shapes and colors of these, the angles!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!