Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Thursday, November 6, 2014

Fruit, Fig branches in vase, by Elaine (jaguarish)

I went back to Flower Market Expresso yesterday, seeking a haven from the summer heat. As soon as I came in, Jess asked me if I were still doing still life. When I said I was supposed to be doing fruit, she offered to put some fig branches in a vase for me -- how awesome is that?

Then my meal was placed in front of me and I thought it so pretty that I had to sketch it.  Unfortunately that used up all the time that I had, so all I had was the fig branches in the background behind my meal!  Today I went back again hoping the fig branches would still be there, and luckily they were.

Yesterday's lunch
Fig branches in vase

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work! I love the one with figs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both great subjects Elaine....I like the fig branches too and how you added the dark greens to the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine, the one with the fig branches alone is lovely. I like your still life of your meal and the fig branches too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!