Followers

EXCITING NEWS HERE TODAY ON THE BLOG.
WE HAVE A NEW ADMINISTRATOR FROM TODAY, 23rd April.


APRIL :
A Street where you live, or in your neighbourhood. From your own photos.


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Flower Field by Joan Tavolott

A few weeks ago my plein air group went out to a field of flowers to paint. In most spots the flowers were taller than me. I looked for a slightly raised area to stand and paint so I could see over the flowers.


9 comments:

  1. Joan, this is breathtakingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely painting...you are so blessed to have been given this talent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful! Great, great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful....I would love to be able to do it! As soon as it popped onto the screen I went WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joan, so nice and such a difficult subject to paint with so much going on. I am really enjoying your recent plein air work. I had to laugh at your comment about the flowers being taller than you, as I am really short and often have a different perspective of a subject while painting outside to that of other artists who are taller.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that must have been a heavenly place to see all those flowers so tall, your painting captures that feeling so well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much everyone! The friend who originally told me about the field goes there to take photos every year. He told me I might need a ladder, but I told him he could stand on a ladder to take a photo. I couldn't stay up there long enough to do a painting. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!