Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Buildings around the world, In my village, Sirkka Jalava

When I saw the theme for this period, I first thaught, that it might be big, famous, glorious buildings to draw of. Then I realized, that it is not so: We can draw any kinds of buildings, is not it so! In that case when we draw buildings from our own millieu, we can se  various buildings from all over the world, lol!
So here I have drawn and painted a house from my village, I have photographed it when I have been on my walks and then painted it in watercolours. I have painted it last year, I hope it is ok here.


8 comments:

  1. This is so lovely Sirrka! Yes, we are all from so many places around the world that it's a given anything any of us post will meet that criteria! I hope this inspires you to go out and draw something else in your own neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn, I think it will be more painting in the neighborhood, yes!

      Delete
  2. You are so right Sirkka - yes certainly by drawing our own countries buildings, we are drawing buildings around the world. Love your painting here, so pretty...lovely buildings :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, I can´t wait to see all buildings drawn and painted from different directions in the world! Our houses are built to keep out the coldness in the winter, mostly built of wood. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Lovely painting Sirkka!! These buildings look like they would easily fit here on the eastern end of Long Island along one of our roads going past the farmland. I know our buildings can be from anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan! It is really nice to see buildings from everywhere! Or anywhere. The house I have painted represents a rather typical house in countryside. They are often red or yellow or white.

      Delete
  4. Sirkka, it is so nice to see the buildings from where you are! You give us a real sense of place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, I imagine, that the buildings here look very different in your eyes compared with the houses where you live! Therefore i will tell a little stories about them too. I hope really you get a sort of sense of place. Thank you!

      Delete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!