Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Buildings Around the World, Near and Far by Joan Tavolott

I'm going to post a few sketches that show buildings here in NY and far from me that I've done while traveling. The first is a house in Cold Spring, NY that I sketched on Saturday when the NYC Urban Sketchers did a little traveling out of the city limits.


This was sketched last year in Kilmore Key, Ireland. I just loved the thatched roofs on the cottages. 


9 comments:

  1. Joan, the NY building is just such I thaught the buildings should be with this theme! Big, beautiful, glorious. The House from Ireland gives a local touch from Ireland and the Irish way to live.. Interesting. And your paintings are so good and great work as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sirkka. I love sketching and painting buildings and find myself drawn to them.

      Delete
  2. Joan, these are both wonderful. I love the liveliness of the colors of the NY drawing! The quaintness of the Irish hut/house. Wonderful "travel" memories, both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That purple door was calling me as soon as I saw it. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I love both these paintings, Joan. The Cold Spring one is lovely, it looks like a combination of Brooklyn/Manhattan type city living with small town elegance and grace. I just love the architecture here in NY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, the Cold Spring building definitely reminds me of a Brooklyn or Manhattan brownstone. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  4. Really love both your paintings Joan. I recognized Ireland right away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. It is fun to share some of the sketches I did there.

      Delete
  5. Your work is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!