Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Music and Musicians, Casey's case by Margaret Coote

Hi everyone, I've been preparing all of my little and not-so-little musicians for a studio recital, so I've been doing a lot of listening and not much drawing. But in a spare moment I got to draw a cello case standing at the side of the room. I love cello cases because they are as big as a person, and you can hang a coat on them and they look even more person-like. Casey's is especially wonderful, hot pink and covered in different stickers and obviously well-loved and well-used.

I did it in pencil:


and then added color at home:


Those are her sandals lying there by the case, by the way!


10 comments:

  1. That's a nice unusual musical item to draw, and the pink case does, as you say, look like a human shape, so altogether a fun image. Hope all the studio recitals go well.
    Sorry I've missed commenting on a few posts, some bad days, but my Ben E King CD arrived and we are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jez! So glad to hear the CD is enjoyable :) I hope you feel better very soon.

      Delete
  2. What a great case to have - love your drawing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is a cool idea . I like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how Casey personalized her case. Nice sketch of this and I love it with the color added for zip! I hope the recital goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The case looks really like a person and the shoes are making the image perfect! Very good imagination, Margaret! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sirkka! :) I'm glad you like the shoes, too :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!