Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Monday, May 19, 2014

Daily life, more comic scenes, by Elaine (jaguarish)

Here are more panels, continuing from the previously posted image of a "daily" cartoon we've been drawing on the shower screen.



First I asked my daughter to sketch something on paper which I transferred to the screen (easy - just held the paper behind the glass and traced).  This was a scene from her rockclimbing birthday party on Saturday.  After considering the composition a bit we agreed she should also be in the scene, so I added her figure as well (on the left side), and a bit of a mother hanging down from the upper seating area to say hello to the climbers.

The second box shows a scene I imagined, from a book we have been reading the kids at night before bed time, "A Tale Dark and Grimm" by Adam Gidwitz.  This is a scene near the end where Gretel (yes, sister of Hansel) is falling off a dragon.  The moon is a scary presence (hence his toothy smile), the dragon has just been bitten by the moon (who was actually trying to get a bite of Gretel) and below Gretel are three crows who serve to break her fall from the great height.

The third box was entirely drawn by my daughter.  We went to City Hall last night, where my husband and children were to witness my becoming an Australian citizen.  They were seated in the upper auditorium while down on the main floor the conferees (about-to-be-citizens) were getting seated after a lengthy wait in line as we each had to present identification and be checked off the list.  There were hundreds of conferees and I was not at the front of the line.  The family had quite a while to sit and observe the goings-on, which included a very loud brass band.  Unfortunately, I hadn't made sure I had my drivers license (because I always have it!!!) and I was turned away at the door.  Therefore this drawing is the only record I have of what it was like inside.  (Don't worry, I was able to reschedule and had the ceremony in a much smaller group this morning.  I sort of liked the smaller group and setting for being less fuss.)

The fourth box... well, I have agreed that my son should get a turn.  I don't know what he is going to draw!

7 comments:

  1. I love how you are involving your family in this project. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very enjoyable activity elaine. i like how you come up with this and involve your loved ones. very fun and congrats on your "new" citizenship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still so intrigued by your shower drawings. They are great fun and so good to share with the children. Your daughter's drawing is quite amazing and fron such an unusual perspective, getting the whole feeling of the event. Glad you got accepted as a citizen.
    I was surprised when I heard that my niece, born in NZ, is not automatically a citizen of Oz even though she married an Australian man and so is her baby daughter. So she will have to go through that process too I enjoyed this view of your life and imagine you all crowded around the shower having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your New Citizenship. Your drawing is lovely and you get your family to participate. Looks like they are going to be little
    art lovers like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on becoming an Australian citizen! I love the shower sketches. That is such a fun idea to have everyone take part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting to gain your citizenship! Wow! I hope it wasn't a let down the night you forgot your drivers license! Did the family get to come to the smaller ceremony too?
    These drawings are such fun family affairs too! I look forward to your son's addition! Thank your daughter for her contribution for me. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great that you have the citizenship, congrats! I like your idea to let your children take part in your drawings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!