Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Sunday, April 20, 2014

Humans and Their Activities, "My Paint Set", Lynn Cohen


Not to be left out of the group I drew and painted my Winsor & Newton paint set leaving off three pans at the top. Oops. The white and blue thing under it on the left is a holder for mixing tube paint colors and although I have them I don't use them. I also used a tooth brush to splatter some paint to give it the messy look it actually has.

I might post this over at Sketchbook Skool and see if I can lure any of those artists over to our blog.
We'll see if it works. ;-)
I sure am having fun there, this our third week and third teacher teaching lessons.

9 comments:

  1. Good sketch Lynn, I love the splattering effect. Glad that Sketchbook Skool is going well. I pondered on whether to join in but opted to leave it, perhaps if they do this again I'll join in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will repeat the first semester at some point Ann. And the next semester follows this one in July I think or maybe sooner. All new teachers. I do believe you can hop in at any time. I love the Facebook group from there too. Lots of fun chats. I can't believe I am drawing for so many venues right now. But I am and I do seem to be able to keep it up. Crazy but fun.

      Delete
  2. I love the colorful and messy effect! And how you've taken over both pages of your sketchbook. It's very alive :) I am enjoying seeing and hearing some of the things you are doing in Sketchbook Skool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. I'll post all the art I do for sketchbook skool on my other blog, Getting My Feet Wet, toward the end of each week. The "messiness" of this painting is the essence of my messy desk I work at. (work/pay bills/play/make art). SBS is fun.

      Delete
  3. I love the splashy, spluttery look to the palette!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good looking paint set. It looks like a real workhorse! :D You're involved in lots of artistic things, aren't you? Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your paint set is in busy using, Lynn! How can you do all this! Every activity takes time. I will take a look in your blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely splashy painting of your colourful palette. That's a good one, so many colours in it and two sides of mixing spaces. So interesting to see all these different palettes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what an alive painting! the toothbrush splatter gives it the kick. fun colors you have lynn.. and it's great you're enjoying the sketchbook skool. it's always nice to learn something new. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!