Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Kitchen "Spiralized Zucchini Spaghetti" Lynn Cohen

My drawings are definitely from my kitchen and geared around meal time. Last evening I drew while I prepared dinner again. I took out some pre-prepared 'Lentil Marinara sauce' I'd made and frozen. I like making big batches of things and being able to eat them over time. I wanted "Zucchini Spaghetti" for dinner. Right, I am not eating pasta ... so spiralizing a zucchini to look like spaghetti is the perfect substitute.

The recipe is from "In Sonnet's Kitchen" on line at this URL: http:www.insonnetskitchen.com/zucchini-spaghetti-with-easy-lentil-marinara/.

When I first found this recipe I wanted a spiralizer so I bought one on line from Amazon.com.  But you can also julienne the zucchini or just slice it thinly. Mine looks like long noodles! And the spiralizer has two other blades for other sorts of slicing. I use mine often.

Again, Bon appetite.

Prismacolor black ink 03
Winsor & Newton watercolors
6" x 12" Nature Sketchbook

11 comments:

  1. How interesting Lynn. Love your drawing of this adventure in your kitchen. Spiralizer sounds great. Now you got me wanting one after reading your words on healthy foods, I am going back to my smoothies of Spirolina, the super food as they call it. I stopped for a bit, but you've inspired me. Excellent drawing. The green zucchini looks great. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gloria! Enjoy the adventure, as I don't seem to be ready to stop it yet. ;-) enjoy that smoothie too!

      Delete
  2. I really do like what you have been preparing Lynn. I'd love to have zucchini pasta myself but hubby has to figure in on eating too so I have at least switched to Smart Choice pasta. Sometimes I can sneak some things in but not all the time-and the only zucchini he will eat is when it's baked in bread :). He is otherwise healthy and in great shape as he is a runner and bicyclist .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'd cook up a little of both! ;-) Great he has such a good exercise routine!

      Delete
  3. Like how you added just enough color to this sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are showing your spiralizer in action, Lynn. This looks so yummy! Great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is lovely you show how you prepare the meal! I can get some inspiration too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks and sounds yummy! I don't eat pasta either, so I also have a spiralizer. I like to spiralize butternut squash as well as zucchini. Isn't it great?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun to find another spiralizer fan! ;-)))

      Delete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!