Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Work life, drawing on the way, by Elaine (jaguarish)

I thought about this theme and since I just work on computers, it would be a pretty tough thing to draw.  I do draw on my way to work a lot.  Here is a composite sketch from several days of train and bus riding.  I've been trying to keep up with Inktober (drawing at least once a day) and using different pens and techniques as much as I can.


The brown lines are from a Noodler's Creaper (flex nib fountain pen) loaded with Noodler's Polar Brown; the lady with the headphones is drawn with a Tombow Zoom 909 (fountain pen) loaded with Quink blue black; the man on the train is drawn with a Noodler's Konrad brush pen loaded with Noodler's Lexington Gray; and the feet/shoes are drawn with a Noodler's Konrad (flex nib fountain pen) loaded with Noodler's 54th Massachusetts.

4 comments:

  1. i know the feeling of working in computers and this is a great alternative and what a wonderful sketch you did Elaine! lovely colorful ink sketches :) more please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to draw the other commuters who work on computers! Fun hearing about all the different pens and inks too! Thanks for that added info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to know your pens. I've heard good things of the flex pen...love your work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this. My husband rode the train to work for years. I wish he had been a "sketcher".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!