Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Saturday, May 30, 2015

Different media, nighttime at the art gallery, by Elaine (jaguarish)

Last night I went to the "Lynch by Night" event at the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art without my usual supplies.  I did have my trusty sketchbook, but no paints.  I did have two water soluble ink pens so I did a drawing of these lamps by David Lynch, then went to the ladies' room and dipped my finger in water to apply.  I love how the orange ink gets such a range of colour depending on how concentrated or dilute it is!


I then was sipping wine and listening to the music by "Nonsemble" and was again struck with an urge to sketch.  I scribbled rapidly with pencil catching only about half of each person before they walked away.


Today I could not resist and went back over it with watercolours.  Which version do you like better?



3 comments:

  1. I love you ingenuity, how clever to add water in the restroom! Each of your versions of the second drawing have oomph! The pencil drawing gives me a very good feel for the energy in the room! The added watercolor is as if someone turned on the lights! I like both for they are each an interesting entity in and of themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun sketches of the people. I like how you dipped your finger in water to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sketches. I also liked the label describing where you were--especially in that silly print. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!