Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Sunday, April 12, 2015

Landscape, "Bodega Bay Headlands", Lynn Cohen


It was a gorgeous day today in Bodega Bay, CA. We took our favorite stroll along the Bodega Bay Headlands, ogling at the huge waves crashing against the rocks below; took in the beauty of the blooming ice plants and other wild flowers in bloom (purple iris, oranges and yellows whose names I do not know unfortunately) all beautiful. Temps in the low 70's, sunny, warm, perfect day. I met up with an Urban Sketcher doing an Acrylic Oil painting of a scene much like this one. We chatted for a while and exchanged cards. I sat on a rock overlooking the water to draw this with a new pen: Pentel Slicca 025 very fine line. Loved how it flowed. Not waterproof. I drew a lot of my lines on top of the painted page.

4 comments:

  1. What a great place to have visited and sketched with another Urban Sketcher. I like your technique of putting the lines over the painted work, that gets round the ink running doesn't it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked well Ann, I find myself doing this more and more!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a place filled with warmth and energy!!! I love spots like that projecting out into the water. Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!