Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The town you grew up in, Primary School, Ann Hyde

Looking back to the days of my first school, Netley Marsh,  has brought back memories that's for sure.

I was always scared of going up eventually to a class run by the Headmaster (let me call him Mr. E).  Well, little did I know I had no need to worry, as my Gran held a trump card on him!   You see, the school Office in those days was a small hut, shed basically, back in those days.  On one occasion, I was due to go off in the afternoon for a dental appointment, so my Gran came to collect me.  Quite rightly she checked in with the Office first, but opened the door of the office to find Mr. E and his Secretary in a compromising situation!!!  From there on he was always very nice to me and my family.  It was years later that my Gran told me what had happened....wish I had known that before, I wouldn't have spent so much time worrying about going to his class, {laugh}.




10 comments:

  1. What a funny story Ann. Your delightful picture now makes me laugh when I imagine what might have been going on in that shed! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My gran was very broad minded, but she also knew when she had the edge on a situation, lol.

      Delete
    2. Oh, my....what can I say, lol!

      Delete
  2. Love the story, Ann. If only you had known. Fun sketch of the infamous building. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a comment to everyone who's been posting... sorry I have been too busy to comment on everything, or contribute (yet), but I have been avidly logging in and looking at all these fantastic posts. What a great trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good you have been checking in Elaine even if you couldnt join in this time.

      Delete
  4. oh, that's too bad she didn't let you in on the secret sooner!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!