Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Friday, January 9, 2015

Holiday Fun, Lynn Cohen, "The Nutcracker Ballet"


On December 24th, 2014 I went with my family to see the Nutcracker Ballet. I had never seen it before. My three year old grand daughter was seeing it for the second year in a row! This year she made it through the whole thing. I helped by giving her an art journal and encouraging her to draw, which kept her busy and multi-tasking. It was too dark for me to draw there so I watched and drew us from memory later.


There were lots of other grandparents and parents and kids watching the ballet. It was truly magical to me. I am sure all the children were as mesmerized as I was! A sweet memory. And today my husband went to the thrift store brought a very large book of The Nutcracker illustrated by Don Daily, just beautiful drawings inside. I will read the book and better understand the story behind the ballet. Then I will give it to Allie to keep.

8 comments:

  1. Your drawings from memory are so good Lynn, glad you all had a good time seeing the Nutcracker. The book was a brilliant find, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice fresh drawings that remind me to keep sketching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Nutcracker was the first ballet I ever saw live as a child (and probably the only one). I love that you all went together. It is fun to see it through the eyes of different generations. Nice sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I like these wonderful sketches !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful experience and your pictures are sweet and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic sketches Lynn,
    I'm off to see the Nutcracker ballet with my daughter too. I can't wait for the magic to start.
    You've made me even more excited now with your artwork.
    Happy PPF to you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too! One of my childhood memories is going with my mother to see it, and it was the first ballet I ever saw. I have not yet been able to interest my daughter in seeing it, but maybe I should just take her!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!