Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Monday, November 24, 2014

Ten minute drawing, Chinese lion, by Elaine (jaguarish)

My father bought me this carved jade chop with my Chinese name on it when we went to Hong Kong together, the year I graduated high school. So, pretty special. It has moved with me through Arizona, Texas, California and various places in Australia, carefully nestled in its original box.

I decided to do a simple contour line as the translucence of the jade makes edges and shadows quite hard to discern.


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful keepsake!!! I love that your dad bought it for you so long ago. I like that you did a simple line drawing of it...not that drawing that complex of a character is in any way simple. You did a great job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly a lovely drawing, as is your chop and its story. Thanks for sharing it all here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!