Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Buildings around the world, The Church, Sirkka Jalava

Nowadays I dont travel so much. I feel I have travelled enough when I was younger. Therefore I sketch  mostly local buildings, often smaller, modest. Every commune´/ municipality has its own church. Here I have done our church, an old building built of nature stones  in 1200-1300ths. The roof is made of wooden boards

9 comments:

  1. Ohhh this is beautiful. I ilke how you captured the shapes of the rocks. The colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beach Cat for your comment! I am happy that you like my colors.

      Delete
  2. Such a quaint church. I thought I'd gotten travel out of my system too, but seems I will do it again. Also, YOUR buildings from your neighborhood are "around the world" to the rest of us! Lovely painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn, thank you for your encouriging comment. You are so right, all our each other´s paintings are "around the world" for the others. I appreciate your words.




      Delete
  3. I love how you did the stones in the tower. Nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous church to have in your community. I love the fact you say it has wooden boards for the roof. You may not travel, but through your paintings you are giving us the chance to travel to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Ann! Good then that I told how the roof was made! It is an old method for church roofs. Yes, I invite with pleasure you all to visit my place and in the same way we all can visit the other´s places. That is very interesting to see, how it looks like in every different place..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!