Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Saturday, May 10, 2014

Animals, A Cat by Fran




Everyone seems to be really inspired by the theme this month.  I think everyone loves the variety and beauty that we find in the world. Beautiful rivers, fields, flowers and the beauty and special connection that we have with animals.  Animals fill the world with beauty, and song. They help pollinate our crops, they give us companionship, and nourishment.

 There are some wonderful pieces of art this month. It seems as though we all put special effort into our work.  I have been away from the blog for a while. This evening I spent some pleasurable moments browsing through all the posts that I have missed.

This is another of my ATC cards that I have made for a challenge and card swap themed "Animals That Begin With A".  I love the company of cats. Ever since I was a child I have had a special bond with them.  On my grandmother's farm I could coax the little feral farm kittens out from their hiding places.  And yes, my drawing is a cat and "cat" begins with C.  But it is an Abyssinian cat.  A very special breed with emerald eyes and golden fur. Abyssinians are very old breed developed in England and originating with one female kitten that came to England with a sailor who obtained her in Alexandria.

15 comments:

  1. Lovely cat!!! They always have such an intense gaze. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a real nice job illustration. Thank you for sharing Fran.

    Carol Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, Fran, this theme seems to be popular and no wander, as you say, people have in common, a relationship to animals, many have cats and dogs, farmers have plenties of animals. Your cat is wonderful, especially the eyes are intensive and the whole expression gives softness to this Abessinian Cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sirkka. I can tell you are a fellow animal lover.

      Delete
  4. Fran happy to see YOU here again, and glad you are back. I LOVE your Abyssinian cat! Yes, the eyes and color of fur quite striking. Your little painting is too! So lovely. Thank you for posting it here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ATCs and cats and challenges, so your post is really appealing to me. Are you going to do all the letters of the alphabet? Where is the challenge? Is it open to anyone or a secret kind of thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.atcsforall.com/index. There are many different challenges here, I would like to do all the letters but I am going to be occupied with family for about a week this month so it remains to be seen if I will meet the next deadline. It is fun.

      Delete
  6. She's lovely, Fran. It's good to have your sketches here again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work especially on an ATC...excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful cat Fran, and the big A behind her makes a perfect foil, the angular shape and plum colour against the natural shape and orangey cat.
    I agree with you that some challenges are more popular than others. I know that I can only take part when I get inspired by the theme and an idea jumps into my head.
    Sorry I missed this post with the lovely cat, it must have been when my internet access was out for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous Abyssinian cat with us this week at Inspiration Avenue. Our world couldn't exist without animals and our cats have a special place in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!