Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Thursday, May 1, 2014

Animals Carol Ann

He wants to play Ralphy Boy. . Tee; hee   Now I am in middle of dusting. Got carried away  with my colored  pencils in this entry.  Colored BRIGHT  mat. Ink the black.

I remember doing these rugs as a kid. You know the top and you weave over the little nails. Was fun. Corking.  


5 comments:

  1. He looks like he wants to play!!! Cute sketch. I remember those rugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your drawing. It looks like a comfy rug. He seems very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, I think we called them rag rugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little puppy, full of fun and I enjoy the bright colours. I know the 'over the nails' thing you mention. We would knock four nails in the top of a wooden cotton bobbin, then tie on one end of a ball of wool and keep making a loop over each nail in turn. It turned out a long 'sausage' of what we called French Knitting down through the hole in the bobbin and out of the other end, as long as you wanted. We never made a mat, but my sister and I did try to make slippers. Thank you for bringing back the memory with your Animal post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol...so cute and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!