Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Gardens and Parks, Penny StewArt, Daffodils

"Daffodils"
2.5 x 3.5 inches, ACEO card, WC & Pen on 140# paper

My daughter planted dozens of bulbs along the pathway to the back garden, both Daffodils and Tulips. These bright yellow blooms showed up first, and I don't know what color the tulips will be. I picked a few just before they started to wither and fade. The blue jar I borrowed from a stash of broken glass bottles on the back porch. This is one of the several attempts I made at trying to capture the essence of these delicate flowers. I usually paint ATC/ACEO cards because they are tiny and easy to store, and I can sometimes sell them on Ebay. 



10 comments:

  1. Lovely! The blue vase is perfect with the yellow daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful they are! I must wait untill the end of april or may before I can admire them here! Gorgeos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always impressed with art on such a small medium as at ATC. These daffodils and vase are lovely. The art work shines! Curious, what do ATCs sell for $$$? And Now I see we are on opposite ends of the state. I'm in Vacaville, if you are ever up this way! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I must try to do ATC cards again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Penny. I can see that your ATC's would do well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny, this is great! I paint ACEOs once in a while. I like how you can do an entire painting on a tiny piece of paper. I love the bright yellows of the daffy against that lovely blue vase. Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers are so pretty and I love the shiny blue vase! I love to do ATC's, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, everyone!! ATCs sell on Ebay anywhere from one penny (we are having a PennyFest right now) to hundreds of dollars for famous artists. Mine go from about $5 to $15 depending on whether I am auctioning them or not. If you are curious, go to ebay.com and search for PennyFest or PAF to see dozens of ATCs starting at a penny. Lots of artists participate. At least they don't cost much to ship. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny, I really love how you've done the sheen on this beautiful vase. And your beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blue and yellow are so rich and marvellous, and your daffodils beautifully painted. I love the way you have filled the tiny space of the ACEO with the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!