Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Close to Home, by Joan Tavolott

I meet with a group on Tuesdays that does portraits. This week several of the people said they weren't coming and only two of us were definite that we would show up. So we decided not to worry about a model and brought stuff to arrange in a still life. It ended up being a snowy/rainy morning and a few more people showed up than we expected...you would think people would stay home in the snow. lol Most of what is in the still life I brought...the tablecloth, little pail, flower, butternut squash, avocado and shell. It was fun to do a still life for a change.


8 comments:

  1. This is really good! I love the folds in the cloth. And the leaves. How much time did you spend on this may I ask? Great details in that plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lynn. We met and worked for maybe about 1 1/2 hrs and then I worked on it about 15 minutes more at home. Most people only sketched, but I did an 8 x 10 painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your plant. I have trouble with leafy things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is always so wonderful. I wish I could paint as well as you with watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply love your painting here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!