Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Saturday, January 21, 2017

Anything Goes - Women's March in NYC Today by Joan Tavolott

Today I participated in the Women's March in NYC to protest and show support for women's rights and the rights of all people on this planet. It was a great feeling to be a part of something so important and special. The news reports estimated the crowd in NYC to be over 400,000 people. I had hoped to do more sketches, but it was so crowded and we were marching most of the day. I did sketch this before we joined in with the marching.


9 comments:

  1. Good for you, Joan. Love your sketch. We must resist hatred!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of this gathering before. Saw some news items about it plus your post on fb. I'm amazed you managed any sketching at all Joan, good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great sketch! I marched in the march here in OKC OK yesterday too! I was impressed that the expected crowd expected of 4,000 more then tripled in count. The signage and creativity in costuming was amazing. Sorry I am so late getting around but...I made it!!! Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my desk earlier! Vickie #54

    ReplyDelete
  4. hOORAY FOR YOU, jOAN! I wish I'd been there! Or in a local march!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo you and all who marched! Love your capture of this bit a great memory for you of this historic event!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Beverly, Jean, Ann, Okienurse, Donna and Lynn. It was an empowering feeling to be with so many people who wanted to voice their opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As an artist and knitter I appreciate this image, including the pusseyhats. Such a bright day in a dark, dark tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Lifesastitch! Hopefully the marchers and activists will help bring a little light to the darkness.

    June, thanks so much. I was hoping to do more sketches but I was also carry a sign, so it made it hard to sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!