Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Landscapes, Gilgo Beach by Joan Tavolott

Growing up as a kid I always heard about all the surfers going to Gilgo Beach. I always thought it was a restricted town beach but it is part of the NYS Park System...who knew. I wish I had so that I could have gone there in the summer. As many of the beaches along this barrier island it fronts both on the Atlantic Ocean and the Great South Bay. This view is on the bay side. The funny cross is actually a platform for osprey nests. I like how you can see the bits of water that meander through the marsh grasses. This is about 6 x 6.


1 comment:

  1. So enjoy seeing your paintings Joan, and you always manage to 'take me to that place' in your art. You grew up not realising this place was there. I've done that too. I grew up in a place that had a quay and never knew which road took me there....so funny when I look back on that and my husband thinks its hilarious that I never realised.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!