Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Tuesday, August 5, 2014

"Grandma Ella's Sugar Bowl", Cups & Mugs, Lynn Cohen


Here's the sugar bowl that goes to Grandma Ella's china set, that is now my china set, which I rarely use. But it's fun to draw. I wonder, who in the family will want it next? I gave my mother's fine china to my daughter. It has a very sedate double or triple silver band on all white Lenox china. She uses it for special occasions.

10 comments:

  1. So lovely sugar bowl. Lynn. I love such things. And your drawing is amezing! Perhaps your daughter likes it too! It is obvious that these things will be used only for special occasions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sirkka. Perhaps one day my daughter or a grand daugher will acquire them.

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful and it is lovely to draw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandee. I did indeed enjoy drawing them.

      Delete
  3. This looks such a lovely item to have :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like such fun! I love the delicacy of your flowers on the bowl. And your flowing script!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. The script I picked up in Sketchbook Skool from artist teacher Andrea Joseph!

      Delete
  5. I love the colorful look to this...nice pattern. My dishes are so boring compared to this. I wish I had my mom's old set with its floral design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Joan . The Beauty of having these dishes is the memories they evoke of family times at my grandparents home, times around their table, as a small child, under the table...her kitchen, freshly baked oatmeal cookies, grandpa shelling walnuts, big holiday dinners...so many memories, only one uncle and cousins left.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!