Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Thursday, May 8, 2014

Animals, Sheep Walking by Joan Tavolott

When we were in Ireland I saw sheep in a lot of places but usually a few at a time.
We went to Killarney National Park in County Kerry. We had stopped at a scenic overlook to take photos. When we got back in the car and drove around the next bend, there was an entire flock of sheep and a shepherd in the middle of the road. I felt like I was in a movie, with sheep surrounding the car and moving at their own speed. Of course my camera was in my bag and by the time I got it out I was only able to get a photo of the back of one of the sheep. lol I did this sketch from that photo.


7 comments:

  1. Joan, I smile, when I read your story and see your sketch of the sheep:) The sheep looks exactly as you have drawn when she is walking. Sweet animal and your sketch is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sirkka. I remember seeing movies where people's cars were surrounded by so many sheep that they couldn't move. That is exactly what happened.

      Delete
  2. This has happened to us here in England, and as you say it is like living in a movie cliché - and yes, the camera is always in the bag and not at hand. I always love the way you show the fleece, and I like the detail of the red mark on the rump which shows that she has been serviced by the ram. Lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jez, thank you. I had to open the door to finally get to my camera. lol My husband thought I was crazy.

      Delete
  3. Oh your sketching is magnificent anything you create.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!