Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Animals, Bull, Jez Eden

Celtic Bull - Jez
Acrylics, Framing added on Photoshop
This handsome fellow was inspired by a photograph of a Celtic stone carving.  Just the outlines of the bull were incised into an ancient slab of rock about 1700 years ago.

I drew this freely with a Pitt pen in Sanguine colour on watercolour paper.  I made some alterations and additions, added the colour and decoration, and created my own background to turn it into an ancient wall painting in my imaginary prehistoric cave.

8 comments:

  1. Jez, I really like the look of this! Wonderful textures. I've always been intrigued by the ancient drawings on the walls of caves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic, I love the colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative Jez, love how your imagination works! I feel as though I've come across this cave drawing by chance. And I feel the excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little decorations and details you added. Isn't it amazing to think that there was never a time when people weren't trying to make art from what they saw?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jez, great work on this. I love the color and of cours your drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is a beautiful background of the bull. very creative jez!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!