Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Humans and their activities, At the River by Melisa McCurley

I haven't been out of the house today so I sketched from a photo. This is part of one of the photos from this week's WDE at wetcanvas.com. I just bought this little blank paperback moleskine notebook to keep in my car because I keep forgetting to bring a sketchbook when I go out. This is the notebook with thin paper and doesn't take watercolor well, so I added one of my little junk mail dots for color. I use them in my art journal a lot but I've been neglecting the journal for the sketchbook, lately.


8 comments:

  1. Melisa, excellent sketch!!! Before I scrolled all the way down I though he was playing soccer...same pose. I keep a sketchbook, pencil, eraser, pen and small watercolor set in the pocket in the back of one of the seats in my car. That way I'm pretty sure I can sketch almost anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Melisa. Really like that you added the collage dot too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is excellent Melissa. I too thought of soccer ball.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet, visions of a summers day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a fun sketch and i really like the creativity you've put with the circle dots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, Melisa! What interesting lines! (This reminds me of me, always stepping in water when I was a kid)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you draw people so well. this is really good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!