Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Friday, April 25, 2014

Human Beings And How They Spend Their Time, Helping by Joan Tavolott

The other day while I was driving I passed so many school crossing guards that I decided I had to stop and be a stalker and sketch. This one was in Sayville. For some reason this crossing guard wasn't wearing her hat...maybe it was still in her car. I hope she keeps everyone safe.


10 comments:

  1. Good work. I like her sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this painting!!!! well done!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you have painted this one Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the face having just the sunglasses, and yet I 'see' a face there when I look at it. Great sketch. Our school "lollipop" ladies or men (called for the shape of their stop sign) wear fluorescent orange. What a responsibility the job is, so it's nice to have her recorded in history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jez. I sort of overworked this and lost the brilliant yellow-green color of her vest. I'll have to do another one.

      Delete
  5. She looks strong enough to hold back traffic allowing all the kidlets cross safely. You are great in your ideas of where to park and draw, Joan! I admire that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn, thanks! I'm a stealth stalker sketcher...what can I say? LOL

      Delete
  6. I love that you did this, and the scene you've created. She does look strong and tall! I like the contrast with the slender signpost next to her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Margaret! I was hoping for a few kiddies for her to cross, but I was there a bit too early.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!