Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Friday, April 18, 2014

HUMAN BEINGS AND HOW THEY SPEND THEIR TIME, CAROUSEL, JEZ EDEN

Tuesday was glorious, like a summer's day and Southport was full of people out for sun and fun.  I love the contrasts of a seaside town, almost deserted on the sea front in winter, and full of people and activity in the good weather for the fun of people-watching.

A5 Sketch - Jez
Pitt Pen and Watercolour
We joined the queue for ice-creams at the start of the pier.  I turned my back on the queue to draw this mother waiting while her child enjoyed a ride on the Victorian roundabout, full of wonderful painted horses and barley-twist supports.  The words at the top of my sketch are painted in large letters right around the top of the roundabout.

As the queue moved forward, Dev kept pulling the back of my cardigan and I kept walking backwards as I drew - which meant, of course, that the angle of vision changed, so it's not surprising the sketch is not too successful.  Just beside her rather short legs you can see her miniature push-chair in which she keeps her miniature baby.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely sketch.It is strong of you and of the others, who can sketch in crowd of people. I admire that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job considering that you were standing and moving along as you sketched her. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so charming Jez. I love all of your art this no exception. It tells a wonderful story and your story of having your cardigan pulled by Dev just made me giggle. I can see it all. I hope you enjoyed the ice cream too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun story jez and you did yourself well with this sketch. fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!