Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Monday, March 17, 2014

Playground at the Park, by Joan Tavolott

Inspired by Lynn's two recent sketches of the playground equipment I had to give it a shot. I went down to a local park nearby where I knew I would have a view from the car. The last few days here have been far too cold to think about sketching outdoors. I'm jealous of those of you who are having warm enough weather to do that. We get a tease of a warm day now and then, but then the temps go back down. Anyway, first I sketched a few people near the swings.


Then I sketched the climbing equipment. I liked that a few people were out braving the cold so I could include some figures in each sketch. lol



12 comments:

  1. Hi Joan. What an awesome sketch. Really quite good. I love swings. In fact I've been after my husband to build me one or else I will order a swing to go in the back. I need to swing for some reason or other. Love your sketch Joan. Hope it warms up a little for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that my park drawings sent you to your park! You really got that swirly slide done right!and people too! Love both of these Joan. I can tell it's winter there too! Bare trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a fun playground! I'm glad you didn't have to get out and freeze to sketch it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks MeOfCourse, Lynn, and Melisa. It would be so nice to sit outside and absorb a little sunshine. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors and straight angles in this drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both so sweet! I especially love the first one. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely scenes, Joan! I love the people you've drawn. They are definitely hardy souls, out there in the cold, determined to have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful sketches, and such a colourful play-park. I love the geometric shapes you have clearly enjoyed drawing and painting, and you parked your car perfectly for two great compositions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i enjoy your playground sketch joan. the colorful playground lifts the mood of the otherwise somber surrounding. I am blowing some sunshine your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joan, you seems not to have any flowers or plants growing up there in the park. But soon we can enjoy the sun ans warmth too! Lovely sketches you have done in the park:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Fran, Arnoldo, Margaret, Jez, Elisa, and Sirkka. Like me some people still venture out when activity is involved since it helps us stay warm. Sketching isn't active enough to do that. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the people and the bright yellow slide. You can feel the chill in the air.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!