Followers

DECEMBER

What we love, cherish, wish for. What the highlights of 2017 have been.
(Suggested by Bev Baird)


Update : We are now keeping Themes for a WHOLE MONTH



Monday, March 17, 2014

Gardens & Parks by Arnoldo L. Romero

In celebration of the life of St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, I decided to do a quick marker sketch of a garden with a leprechaun's home entrance in my art journal.  I used a photograph that I found online here as reference for the door, and incorporated the clover foliage and mushrooms from my imagination to complete the composition.  The Irish prayer that I lettered comes from "An Old Irish Blessing" found here.  May you have a blessed St. Patrick's Day!

© Arnoldo L. Romero 2014

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the good wishes on St. Pat's day Arnoldo. My ggrandad was Irish, so this is dear to my heart :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the prayer and the leprechaun's home is just perfect! I wish the same to you, Arnoldo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy St. Patrick's Day! This is very Irish garden looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great composition Arnoldo. What a fun place for a leprechaun and I wouldn't mind entering that little hideaway as well. Great job. Oh the luck of the Irish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet little door for a leprechaun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice fantasy picture, just right for a leprechaun. Fancy, I live in UK, but didn't even know that we had passed St Patrick's day. I think we don't live in a very Irish area here …… though like Ann, my granddad was Irish. I love the drawing - and "May the road rise up to greet you" as the Irish saying goes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Irish prayer is very touching and also your imagine to it. I had heard of St Patrick´s day somewhere. Blessings, Arnoldo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your reactions to our art! We appreciate your comments! They are now being moderated however, to weed out spammers!